Tooth discoloration is a common occurrence and can be because by many reasons. The good part is that many of these stains can be reversed effectively with Discoloured Tooth Treatment East Delhi. The information provided below will discuss the various types of stains, their causes, and effective ways to manage them with Discoloured Tooth Treatment East Delhi. This can be treated with Cleaning and Polishing and Zoom Teeth Whitening
Types of stains: causes of discolored tooth
These stains affect the enamel or the outer portion of the teeth. They can be managed effectively with whitening treatments.
- Tea, coffee, and other food items stains
- Smoking stains
- Stains due to the use of tobacco
They are the stains present within the tooth and are harder to manage comparatively.
- Internal resorption
- Dental trauma
- Dental fluorosis
- Certain medications like tetracycline and doxycycline
With age, the enamel tends to wear off, and the dentin starts to show up, giving the yellow discoloration to the tooth.
- Old dental restorations like an amalgam
- Excessive use of fluorides
- Chlorhexidine-containing mouthwashes can also stain the tooth.
- Head and neck radiation therapy
Treatment modalities: Discoloured Tooth Treatment East Delhi
Professional Teeth whitening
The most effective way to manage discolored tooth is by using chemicals like hydrogen peroxide to lighten the shade of tooth color. Professional teeth whitening is an entirely safe and painless way to lighten the color by several shades in a single sitting.
Other at-home whitening gels and pastes are available in the market that is not as effective as the in-office bleaching for Discoloured Tooth Treatment East Delhi.
Some stains that are hard to remove with teeth whitening can be masked effectively by using dental veneers. Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain or composite that attach to the discolored tooth’s front surface to hide the stain. The best part about veneers is that they do not require extensive tooth preparation.
Following dental injury, the tooth starts turning dark due to the damage to the nerve and blood vessels of the tooth, also known as internal resorption of the tooth.
The choice of Discoloured Tooth Treatment East Delhi, in this case, will be complete debridement of the infected pulp tissue by root canal treatment followed by placement of dental crowns.
Ways to prevent tooth discoloration: Discoloured Tooth Treatment East Delhi
- Tooth discoloration can be prevented by incorporating specific lifestyle changes like-
- If you are a smoker, try refraining from the habit or decreasing the frequency.
- If you consume excessive amounts of tea or coffee, try cutting back
- In case you want to drink beverages that can stain the teeth, use a straw to avoid contact with the teeth
- Maintain proper oral hygiene by learning about the right brushing techniques
- Always see your dentist at an interval of 6 months for a complete evaluation of your dental health.