A brief overview of Wisdom Tooth Surgery Delhi
What is wisdom teeth impaction? – Wisdom Tooth Surgery Delhi
Wisdom teeth erupt at the back of the mouth at around 18-24 years. Sometimes, the last molars erupt partially or remain inside the jawbones due to the lack of space. In these cases, the wisdom tooth is considered to be impacted. Based on the level of impaction, it can be classified as soft tissue impaction or bony impaction. It is a common condition that affects young adults, and if it has not affected you by 30 years, it is infrequent that it will affect you now. Wisdom tooth removal is not indicated in all cases by our experts at The Advanced Dental Clinic East Delhi. The information provided below will briefly discuss the indications, procedure, and aftercare of wisdom tooth removal – brought to you by The Advanced Dental Clinic East Delhi.
When is removal indicated? – Wisdom Tooth Surgery Delhi
- Chronic pain
- Recurrent pain
- Swelling or redness on the soft tissue
- Limited jaw opening
- Referred pain in the ears
- Referred pain in the temple area
- Bad breath due to pus formation
- Unpleasant taste in the mouth
How is removal done? – Wisdom Tooth Surgery Delhi
The first step is consultation with our experts at The Advanced Dental Clinic East Delhi. In this step, we will clinically examine your case and analyze the difficulty level radiographically. Based on the difficulty level, the customized treatment plan is designed for your wisdom tooth surgery. You must discuss your medical history and the medications you are taking to plan the removal appropriately.
The choice of anesthesia is local anesthesia for most wisdom tooth surgeries. The tooth and the adjacent soft tissue are made numb to ensure a painless procedure.
The procedure of Wisdom Tooth Surgery Delhi
- The procedure for the impacted tooth removal starts with incising the soft tissues overlying the impacted tooth.
- After gaining access to the bone, a rotary handpiece removes the bone covering to expose the tooth.
- Once we visualize the tooth, we will start loosening it for easy removal.
- In cases of complex tooth impaction, the tooth is divided into parts before removing to avoid breakage.
- After the surgery is done, the sutures are placed for a speedy recovery
Aftercare of Wisdom Tooth Surgery Delhi
- After the surgery, your wound is packed with gauze. Keep that gauze in place for 45 mins to 1 hour.
- Keep your head elevated with an extra pillow while sleeping to avoid bleeding.
- Use intermittent ice pack compressions from outside on the day of surgery to avoid swelling.
- Do not rinse your mouth for the first 24 hrs after the surgery
- Do not spit out for 24hrs to avoid dislodgement of the newly formed clot
- Eat a soft diet for a couple of days from the opposite side of the mouth
- Avoid brushing for a couple of days at the site of surgery to avoid clot dislodgement
- Take all the medicines as prescribed by our experts
- From the second day onwards, start with lukewarm saline rinses 3-4 times a day
- Get your follow-up done with us after three days
Post-surgery signs to watch out for
- After surgery, minor bleeding is normal, but uncontrollable bleeding must be reported to us immediately.
- Difficulty in breathing or swallowing should be reported
- Nasal bleeding
- Increase in swelling on the side of the surgery
- High-grade fever
- Pus oozing out from the site