Causes and Treatment of Sensitive Teeth: Tooth Sensitivity Treatment Delhi
What is Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth Sensitivity Treatment Delhi
Tooth sensitivity is a common dental problem characterized by sudden, sharp, transient pain. It is mainly triggered by eating hot and cold food items. It can affect anyone though it primarily affects older adults. In the information provided below, we will discuss the causes and the treatment of sensitive teeth- brought to you by Advanced Dental Clinic.
Signs and symptoms of Sensitive teeth: Tooth Sensitivity Treatment Delhi
The signs and symptoms of tooth sensitivity may not be the same for all, but here are some common ones suggested by our experts at Advanced Dental Clinic
- Intense pain on eating or drinking hot or cold food items
- Pain while using alcohol-based mouthwash
- Pain limited to a specific set of teeth
- Pain on exposure to cold air
Causes of tooth sensitivity: Tooth Sensitivity Treatment East Delhi
Eroding of enamel
Enamel is the first layer that is the protective covering of the tooth. When the enamel wears off with age or aggressive brushing, the deeper layers get exposed, leading to sensitive teeth.
The acid produced by the bacteria in the plaque build-up destroys the tooth structure leading to pain and sensitivity. Maintaining good oral hygiene is the best way to avoid plaque build-up.
Teeth grinding or clenching is another major cause of tooth wear and tear. Teeth grinding or bruxism is mainly because of stress, so it is best to address the root cause for optimum relief. For the protection of the teeth, consult our team for the fabrication of mouthguards.
Brushing twice daily is not enough to maintain your teeth in good shape. Proper brushing technique is equally important for adequate care. Aggressive toothbrushing is detrimental as it wears off the enamel layer leading to sensitive teeth.
Transient sensitivity after using teeth whitening chemicals is normal and expected. Using home-based whitening gels and strips is not advised as the process is not done under the supervision of your doctor. If you want teeth whitening, it is best to get it from a dentist as the doctor can effectively manage the teeth sensitivity.
Use of mouthwash for a long time
Using mouthwash is an adjunct to your regular brushing and flossing. Excessive use of alcohol-based mouthwash can make your teeth sensitive. Consult your doctor before using the mouthwash for an extended period of time.
Excessive consumption of acidic food
Consuming excessive amounts of acidic food can erode your enamel making the teeth sensitive. If you can’t avoid such food items, brush immediately after consumption is not advisable.
Tooth Sensitivity Treatment Delhi
Home dental care: Tooth Sensitivity Treatment East Delhi
- Use a sensitivity specifically designed toothpaste
- Use a soft-bristled brush to avoid abrasiveness
- Using small circular motions to brush rather than horizontally scrubbing the teeth
- Limit the intake of acidic food items
- For teeth grinding, it is advisable to wear mouthguards
- Always consult your doctor before trying any home teeth whitening kits
Professional care: Tooth Sensitivity Treatment Delhi
- Professional application of gels and desensitizing pastes
- Fluoride gel applications
- Sealants application
- Dental fillings over exposed root surfaces
- In severe cases, root canal treatment is suggested where all other treatments have failed