The cost to protect the teeth – Teeth Cap Price in India
What are teeth caps? – Teeth Cap Price in India
They are prosthetic devices that cover the entire visible part of a damaged or decayed tooth. The teeth cap price in India starts at Rs 8,500 and is usually mainly dependent on the type of material used to fabricate the teeth cap.
Many different varieties of teeth caps are available at Advanced Dental Clinic Delhi. In the information provided below, we will briefly discuss the types, procedures, indications, and aftercare regime- brought to you by Advanced Dental Clinic Delhi.
Types of teeth caps – Teeth Cap Price in India
- All ceramic caps: They are the most common type of cap used for front teeth because they can match the color of your natural teeth.
- Metal caps: They are made from various metals, including gold, nickel, and chromium. They are very strong and durable but are less aesthetically appealing than all ceramic caps. They are often used for back teeth.
- PFM caps: They are made of a metal framework to provide strength and a porcelain covering for better aesthetics. They are the type of caps that provide strength and better aesthetics than metal caps.
When are teeth caps needed?
There are several situations where a dental crown may be needed, including:
- A large filling: If a large portion of your tooth has been removed due to decay or damage, a cap may be needed to restore the tooth’s strength and prevent further damage.
- A cracked or broken tooth: A teeth cap can be used to cover and protect a tooth that is cracked or broken.
- A tooth with a root canal: After a root canal, a tooth can become weak and brittle. A teeth cap can protect the tooth and prevent further damage.
- A discolored or misshaped tooth: Teeth caps can also be used for cosmetic reasons, such as to cover a discolored or misshaped tooth.
How Are Teeth Caps Applied?
Getting a teeth cap typically involves several steps, including:
- Tooth preparation: The tooth receiving the cap must be prepared by removing any decay or damage and reshaping it to fit the cap.
- Impression taking: An impression of the tooth will be taken to create a custom-made cap that fits perfectly over the tooth.
- Cap placement: Once the cap has been created, it will be cemented onto the tooth using a special dental adhesive.
- Maintain good oral hygiene: Brush your teeth twice daily using a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss once daily to remove plaque and food particles between your teeth and your cap. Avoid hard, sticky, or chewy foods: Chewing on hard objects, such as ice, popcorn kernels, or hard candy, can damage your teeth cap.
- Wear a nightguard: If you grind your teeth at night, wear a nightguard to protect your teeth and your teeth cap from damage.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Schedule regular checkups with your dentist to ensure that your teeth cap is in good condition and functioning properly.