Points you must note – Root Canal Treatment AfterCare
Root canal treatment is a procedure used to repair an infected tooth. The process involves removing the infected portion and cleaning and sealing the canal spaces to prevent reinfection. It is a standard procedure done to save the tooth from extraction. If you are wondering what the aftercare regime of RCT is, keep reading as the information provided below will briefly state the points you must note- brought to you by Advanced Dental Clinic East Delhi. Following the Root Canal Treatment AfterCare is equally essential as it helps you heal quickly. We at Advanced Dental Clinic East Delhi also emphasize the follow-up visits after the procedure as it allows us to keep track of progress.
What to Expect After the RCT? – Root Canal Treatment AfterCare
- The procedure is done under local anesthesia, so you should expect some lingering effects after the treatment. It is important to note that you must avoid eating during this phase as you may accidentally damage your soft tissues.
- A temporary filling is placed in your tooth till the permanent crown is given over it. Getting a crown over the treated tooth is essential to support the weakened structure.
- You will be recalled for follow-up visits to monitor your healing progress.
When Should you contact our team? – Root Canal Treatment AfterCare
- There is pain after the completion of the process
- You feel that your bite is not proper
- You have swelling in the treated region
- Your temporary filling gets dislodged
- You have painful or swollen gums
- You notice any systemic signs like fever following the completion of the process.
When to eat after a Root canal treatment?
We recommend that you eat after a couple of hours when the effect of the anesthesia is no longer there. It is important not to bite anything from the side of the treated tooth as it may fracture it.
What to eat after a Root canal treatment?
For the initial period, we recommend eating a soft diet. Eating hard food items can lead to irritation and slow recovery. There are several options to choose from while selecting your diet after the root canal treatment-
- Scrambled eggs
- Mashed potatoes
- Ripe fruits
- Cooked vegetables
- Soft bread
- Lukewarm soups
- Frozen yogurt
What Not to Eat? – Root Canal Treatment AfterCare
- Avoid eating sticky food items like candies.
- Refrain from consuming hard food items like raw vegetables and fruits
- Avoid extremely hot or cold food items immediately after the procedure till you get a crown over it
Other post-procedure practices to be followed
- Brushing your teeth regularly to maintain good oral hygiene
- Avoid flossing till you get a permanent crown, as the dental floss may dislodge the temporary crown
- Lukewarm saline rinses are essential for faster healing
- The role of painkillers is minimal once the procedure is completed
- Always attend your follow-up visits
- Avoid using your teeth as tools
- Do not skip the prosthesis part, as the dental crown is essential to support the weakened structure