Relapse Treatment in East Delhi: Causes and Cure of Relapse
We are sure you remember the day when you finally got your braces off after a long duration. After getting rid of those metal pieces and wires, how relieved and happy you were. But do you know you may need them again if you do not take post braces care seriously? If the change relapses, we have Relapse Treatment in East Delhi for you.
We call it orthodontic relapse, which is a process that causes a shift in the position of the newly moved teeth back into their original place. There are several causes of relapse, and in the information provided below, we will be discussing the causes and cures of relapse.
Probable Causes of Relapse: Relapse Treatment in East Delhi
1. Not opting for retainers
Retainer therapy is indicated mainly to prevent relapse. Not using retainers can shift the back of the teeth to their original position. To make your braces treatment successful, it is advised to wear retainers to avoid any relapse.
2. Not completing the treatment
Not completing the treatment and stopping it in the midway can have serious consequences. There can be numerous reasons for not completing the treatment, but stopping your treatment midway can worsen the condition
3. Not monitoring your teeth
Regular monitoring of your teeth and gums becomes crucial for straightening procedures. So regular follow-ups and maintaining the teeth are essential to identify the root cause. If these checkups are missed, there are chances of missing the underlying cause, and relapse could occur.
4. Not obeying the do’s and dont’s
The patient guidelines given by your doctor play an essential role as abiding by them will make your treatment process easier. If you do not follow the diet instructions and miss the regular appointments, then there are chances of treatment not happening smoothly, and the relapse rate will increase.
5. Not quitting the bad habits
Habits like overeating sugar-loaded food and smoking can seriously hamper your oral health and make your journey towards straighter teeth troublesome. To enjoy that perfect smile it is best to abstain from such habits.
Common factors that cause a shift in the teeth
- Not wearing dental retainers
- Gum diseases due to inadequate oral hygiene
- Any disease of the bone
- Trauma to the teeth
- Broken dental restorations
- Wear and tear of the teeth due to aging
- Eruption of wisdom tooth
- Teeth grinding or bruxism
Preventive measures to reduce teeth shifting
- Wearing a retainer after braces treatment
- Brushing your teeth thoroughly twice a day
- Avoiding smoking and consumption of tobacco
- Maintaining sufficient calcium and vitamin D levels
- Minimizing sugar consumption levels
- Wearing a night guard in case you have bruxism
- Fixing poor posture that can affect your TMJ
- Maintaining an overall wellbeing
Relapse treatment to consider: Relapse Treatment in East Delhi
It is not necessary that you would require the same intensity of therapy again, and it is possible that aligners can be your saviors. If you think you need retreatment, it is advised to visit advanced dental for an in-depth dental examination for proper treatment planning.