All about RCT – Painless Root Canal Treatment in India
What is RCT? – Painless Root Canal Treatment in India
The tooth comprises three layers, and the innermost layer is called the pulp. The pulp contains nerves and blood vessels of the tooth. Tooth decay is the most common cause of damage to the tooth. Tooth repair can be done with dental filling when the damage is up to the extent of the first two layers. Root canal treatment fixes the damage when the decay has reached the pulp. We can offer different root canal treatment methods at Advanced Dental Clinic East Delhi. The information provided below will briefly discuss the types, indications, and procedures of painless root canal treatment in India- brought to you by Advanced Dental Clinic East Delhi.
Types of RCT
The RCT based on duration can be single sitting or multiple sitting. The numerous visits are usually completed in two sittings; however, it may vary with the nature and severity of the infection.
Based on the type of equipment used, the procedure can be done with hand or rotary files. The rotary files are the faster way of using the cleaning instruments called files to remove the infected tissue. Our team chooses a system to be used by RCT experts after clinically and radiologically analyzing your case.
Indications of RCT – Painless Root Canal Treatment in India
- The most typical indication is tooth decay which has reached the level of nerves and blood vessels.
- Another common reason for RCT is discolored tooth due to direct trauma
- Sensitive teeth that are not managed with any other treatment are effectively managed with root canal treatment
- A chipped-off or cracked tooth that is painful is treated well with RCT
- Gum swelling can also be due to the accumulation of pus that can be drained with root canal therapy
The procedure of Root canal treatment
- The first step is the anesthesia of the concerned tooth. The RCT procedure is done under local anesthesia, which means that a particular tooth is anesthetized.
- The anesthesia lasts several hours, so the tooth is numb throughout the procedure.
- After the administration of successful anesthesia, the tooth is drilled to gain access to the infected portion.
- Once the infected pulp is reached, it is removed using the instruments called files. The files clean and shape the canal space.
- After the cleaning process is complete, the canals are filled with a biocompatible material to prevent reinfection.
Is it a painful process? – Painless Root Canal Treatment in India
The process is entirely painless and performed under the effect of local anesthesia. You might feel the vibration of the handpiece while the tooth is being drilled to gain access to the nerves. Our team of experts performs the RCT in one or two sittings in an easy and hassle-free manner.
Advantages of RCT
- The natural tooth is saved with a root canal procedure that would otherwise have been extracted.
- It eliminates the risk of the spread of infection.
- Prevents damage to the tooth and surrounding tissues
- Alleviates the symptoms of pain