How to get relief from Jaw pain? – Jaw Pain Treatment Delhi
Jaw pain is a severe condition affecting your ability to eat and speak. There can be various reasons for the pain, and jaw pain treatment East Delhi depends on the cause of the pain.
Causes of jaw pain – Jaw Pain Treatment Delhi
- Inflammation of the jaw tissue lining
- Pain in the jaw muscles
- Problems like dislocation of the disc or arthritis of the joint
- Overstimulation of the jaw muscles
- Damage due to bruxism or excessive grinding of your teeth at night
- Teeth clenching due to stress and anxiety can also lead to similar TMJ problems.
- Direct trauma to the temporomandibular joint
Cluster headaches have extreme pain behind the eyes, sometimes radiating to the jaws. They are excruciating headaches that may lead to pain in the jaws.
Sinuses are air-filled spaces in the facial skeleton designed to lighten it. The presence of infection makes these spaces heavy due to the filling of the spaces with mucus. The extra pressure from these spaces leads to jaw pain.
There are severe tooth decay conditions where the pain is due to the infection surrounding the root apex. These kinds of toothaches have radiating pain to the jawbone.
It is a disorder of the nerve supplying the jaws. The most common cause of this neurological disorder is a nerve lesion or compression of the nerve.
Diagnosis – Jaw Pain Treatment Delhi
After taking a thorough history, our experts perform a clinical examination to identify the root cause of the problem. A customized Jaw Pain Treatment plan is formulated based on clinical assessment and radiographic analysis of every individual by our experts at Advanced Dental Clinic.
In this step, our experts will examine your teeth, gums, temporomandibular joint, neck, and shoulders. It is a crucial step as it will help us understand the condition better and formulate a customized treatment plan for your jaw pain.
The radiographic analysis is the next step after doing a detailed clinical examination. Depending on the type of problem, the choice of radiographic imaging advised is decided. The different options for radiological analysis are:
- CT Scan
Jaw Pain Treatment Delhi
For Immediate relief – Jaw Pain Treatment East Delhi
Use an ice pack
An Ice pack helps in relieving muscle tension aiding in pain relief. You can use an ice bag or wrap a cloth over the small piece of ice and apply it over the affected area externally.
Painkillers can be used to provide temporary relief. You must understand that they are only quick cures, and you must get your complete clinical examination for permanent relief.
Use your index finger and middle finger to massage the affected area in a circular motion. The massage helps relieve the tension by increasing the blood supply to that area.
Other options for Treatment – Jaw Pain Treatment East Delhi
- Using a mouthguard when playing contact sports
- Use a night guard if you have teeth-grinding or bruxism
- Avoid other parafunctional habits like chewing pens or pencils
- Try out breathing exercises and relaxation methods to relieve stress and anxiety
- Jaw surgeries are indicated in cases of severe pain due to some structural deformity as a last resort when all the other forms of treatment have failed