Debunking the Myths about Dental Fillings in India
What are dental fillings: Indian Dental Fillings FAQs
Dental filling treatments are the procedures done to restore the shape, size, and form of the decayed tooth. Dental cavities are the most common problem encountered; aq dental filling effectively manages that. Dental fillings are also used in cases of cracked or fractured teeth. In the information provided below, we will discuss the most common questions about dental fillings in the form of Indian Dental Fillings FAQs- brought to you by Advanced Dental Clinic, East Delhi.
What are the different types of dental fillings?
There are a variety of dental fillings, each with its pros and cons
- Metal fillings
- Amalgam fillings
- Composite fillings
- Glass ionomer fillings
- Ceramic fillings
What to expect during a dental filling procedure
- If your tooth has a dental cavity and needs dental filling, the first step is to examine the hole. Our cosmetic experts will examine the case both clinically and radiologically.
- Once the extent of decay is determined, the type of material to be used is decided.
- Depending on the extent of decay, the decision to use local anesthesia is decided.
- The next step comes in preparing the cavity with a motorized drill and then filling it with the material of your choice.
How long does a procedure last: Indian Dental Fillings FAQs
Simple tooth fillings take only about thirty minutes sitting, whereas complex cases may take up to an hour. You may need multiple sittings for multiple cavities on different sides of the mouth.
What can you eat after getting the dental filling
- For the first few hours after the filling is done, you must avoid food and beverages.
- There are not many dietary restrictions after the dental filling treatment. You just have to avoid hard food items for a couple of days.
- Your teeth might be sensitive to hot and cold food items for the initial few days, so it is best to avoid them. If the sensitivity persists, you must contact us at Advanced Dental Clinic, East Delhi.
How long do dental fillings last: Indian Dental Fillings FAQs
This is one of the most commonly asked Indian Dental Fillings FAQs. Depending on the type of material used and the size of the tooth cavity, this time duration may vary. However, the dental fillings done with amalgam and composite on teeth having substantial tooth structure the dental filling may last up to 10-15yrs
Are there dental fillings for kid’s teeth
Yes, the dental fillings for kids are different from that of adults. The choice of material used contains fluoride for its caries restricting properties.
Is the treatment painful?
No, the dental fillings treatment is entirely painless. Depending on the extent of decay, the decision to administer the anesthesia is decided to make the procedure comfortable.
What is the cost of Indian dental filling
The cost of Indian dental filling is dependent on various factors like the extent of filling, the material used, and the number of tooth surfaces involved in the decay.