Types and procedure of Dental Veneers: Dental Veneers Treatment Delhi
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental Veneers are wafer-thin custom-made shells attached to the teeth’ front surface to enhance your smile. Dental Veneers Treatment Delhi helps change the teeth’ shape, size, color, and length. Dental Veneers are of different types and have several benefits. The information below will briefly discuss the types, indications, and benefits of Dental Veneers Treatment Delhi- brought to you by Advanced Dental Clinic, East Delhi.
Types of Dental Veneers: Dental Veneers Treatment Delhi
There are mainly two types of Dental Veneers: porcelain veneers and resin-based composite veneers. Both types of Dental Veneers are available at Advanced Dental Clinic, East Delhi. Our team of highly skilled aesthetic dentists, headed by Dr. Neha Aggarwal, ensures you get the best treatment for your dental concern.
The porcelain veneers are more stain resistant than resin-based veneers and mimic the natural tooth better. The choice of Dental Veneers depends on the detailed clinical examination done by our head dentist Dr. Neha Aggarwal after understanding your concerns and expectations.
Porcelain Dental Veneers Treatment Delhi
- Less likely to stain
- Difficult to repair
- Less likely to fracture
- More expensive
- It needs more than one sitting
- Requires removal of enamel
Resin-based Dental Veneers Treatment Delhi
- Get stained over time
- Easy to repair
- More likely to break
- Less expensive
- Usually needs one sitting
- Less or no reduction of enamel is needed
Why do you need Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are used for several reasons to enhance your smile-
- Worn out teeth
- Broken or chipped-off teeth
- Misaligned, uneven, or irregular teeth
- Teeth with minor gaps that do not require braces treatment
- Tooth discoloration that is not managed with teeth whitening like stained teeth due to root canal, trauma, use of certain medicines, or excessive fluorides consumption
The procedure of Dental Veneers
- Dental Veneers Treatment Delhi requires one or more visits to our clinic depending on the type of veneer decided after examining your case. If the porcelain veneer is selected, it will require more than one visit.
- The first visit is the clinical examination of your dental concern by our head dentist, Dr.Neha Aggarwal. During this visit, our team will do a detailed analysis of your aesthetic problem and will also click pictures. They may also take X-rays and make impressions of your present status.
- The next step is the preparation of the tooth to receive the dental veneer. In the case of resin-based veneer, minimal or no preparation is required. However, the tooth will be shaped to accommodate the veneer material for porcelain veneers.
- After the preparation, the impression is made and sent to the lab to fabricate the porcelain veneer. Until the veneer is fabricated, you will be provided with temporary veneers.
- Once the veneer is fabricated, the next step comes placing it on the tooth surface that requires a special cement for better adhesion. Our dentists will etch and roughen the tooth surface before placing the veneer for better retention.
- After the final placement, you will be recalled for follow-up visits necessary to take proper care of the veneer and increase its life.