Budget for capping the tooth – Dental Crowns Cost Delhi
What is a dental crown – Dental Crowns Cost Delhi
A dental crown or a dental cap is a customized prosthesis that covers the tooth from all sides. It is fixed onto the tooth with the help of a special cement. The material used for the dental crown varies as per the dental requirement – Dental Crowns Cost Delhi
The dental crown cost at Advanced Dental Clinic starts at Rs 4500 and is usually dependent on various factors.
- The material used
- The severity of the case
- Number of teeth involved
- Requirement of any additional procedure like crown lengthening procedure or root canal treatment before the crown placement
In the information provided below, we will briefly discuss the dental crown- brought to you by the Advanced Dental Clinic.
When are crowns needed – Dental Crowns Cost Delhi
- The most typical indication of dental crown placement is after root canal treatment. During the RCT, the tooth structure becomes weak. Getting the tooth covered with a dental crown is suggested to support this compromised structure.
- The weakened tooth structure can be due to any reason, like a large cavity
- A fractured tooth
- To hold the two fragments of the teeth
- To provide structural stability
- To provide anchorage in the bridge
- To provide a cover for the implant in the dental implant procedure
- Malformed teeth
Types of Dental Crowns
There are three varieties of dental crowns, and the cost of dental crowns varies with each type. The choice of which material is to be used depends on several factors like
- Location of the tooth
- Structure of the tooth present
- Strength requirement
- Role of the teeth in the mouth- front teeth are more of an aesthetic concern; hence all-ceramic crown is preferred. The back teeth function in chewing, so all metal or PFM is selected.
All metal crown
- All metal dental crowns are highly durable but not that aesthetically appealing.
- They are suited for back teeth.
- Gold, palladium, and nickel are used for metal crown fabrication.
Porcelain fused to metal
- The metal base is covered with a layer of porcelain to make it aesthetic
- The strength is comparatively less when compared to all metal crowns
- In some cases, the porcelain may chip off, exposing the underneath metal
- They are aesthetically the most superior variety
- They are indicated especially in the front teeth
- Also best suited for people with metal allergies
The procedure of getting a dental crown – Dental Crowns Cost India
- The procedure for obtaining a dental crown is a two-step procedure.
- In step 1, the tooth is prepared to receive the crown
- The amount of preparation differs with the type of material used for fabrication
- Once the tooth is prepared, an impression is made, which is used to fabricate the study model
- The model is sent to the lab for the fabrication of the dental crown
Aftercare of dental crowns – Dental Crowns Cost Delhi
- Brush regularly
- Incorporate flossing
- Periodic followups with your dentist
- Regular cleaning by your dentist