Dental Bridges Treatment Delhi: Bridge the Gap
What is a dental bridge? – Dental Bridges Treatment Delhi
Missing teeth is not just an aesthetic problem but also a health concern. If the missing teeth are not restored timely, the adjacent teeth start to migrate into the space. A dental bridge is a fixed prosthesis used to replace the missing teeth by taking support from the adjacent teeth. It is a standard fixed prosthesis designed as a common solution to missing teeth. It bridges the gap that missing single or multiple teeth creates. Dental bridges are an excellent fixed solution to replace missing teeth when dental implants are not feasible. The only prerequisite for a dental bridge is having a healthy set of adjacent teeth. Our experts at Advanced dental clinic will clinically examine your current dental status before planning dental bridges. In the information provided below, we will briefly discuss dental bridges- brought to you by Advanced Dental Clinic.
When do you need a dental bridge?
- If you have a single or multiple missing teeth
- When the bone is not feasible for dental implants, and you need a fixed prosthesis
- Congenitally missing teeth
- Bite problems
- Chewing difficulty
- Extra stress on the joint due to difficulty in chewing
- Pain in the head and neck region due to difficulty in eating and chewing food
Components of a dental bridge – Dental Bridges Treatment Delhi
The portion of the dental bridge that replaces the missing tooth is called the pontic. The pontic exactly looks and functions like a natural tooth. The portion that takes support from the adjacent teeth is called an abutment. A connector is used to join the pontic and abutment.
Alternative to a dental bridge – Dental Bridges Treatment Delhi
The dental implant is an alternative fixed solution to dental bridges. Dental Implant surgery is a minor surgical procedure performed under local anesthesia where there should be substantial bone into which the titanium post is inserted. In cases where the insufficient bone is present and bone augmentation procedures are not possible dental bridges become an excellent choice for a fixed prosthesis.
The procedure of fabrication – Dental Bridges Treatment India
- The first step is the case’s detailed clinical examination and radiological analysis.
- The adjacent teeth are examined for any dental problems
- The dental bridges are planned only when the adjacent teeth are fit to provide support to the bridge
- After the clinical examination comes to the next step of preparing the adjacent teeth to receive the prosthesis
- Once the teeth are ready, the impression is made to fabricate the model
- The model is sent to the lab where the dental bridge is made
Advantages of dental bridge
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Painless procedure
- Can replace a single or multiple missing teeth
- Affordable than dental implants
- A feasible option in cases where the bone is insufficient
- Restores the biting capacity
- Improves the smile
- Prevent the migration of adjacent and opposing teeth into the gap
- Brush twice daily to avoid plaque accumulation
- Incorporate flossing as the bacteria stuck between the bridge and the tooth can still damage the natural tooth.
- Regular professional cleaning is a must once you have dental bridges in the mouth.
- Periodic follow-ups become critical to keep track of any early signs of dental problem.