Cost of Teeth capping: The Dental Caps Cost to Value Relation
The cost of teeth capping: Is dental capping costly?
Putting a dental cap on the teeth is usually referred as teeth capping. Whether you call it a cap or a crown, it serves all the same purpose. Capping the teeth is appropriate when the appearance of the real teeth is short of adequate.
How much do teeth capping cost?
People opt for teeth capping only when restoration of the teeth is needed. Teeth caps cover the entire tooth to improve its appearance and protect it from any further damage. The teeth capping costs vary based on variety. Below we have mentioned the same:
- All-Ceramic Caps/Crowns – This type of crown is majorly made of porcelain and mainly uses Zirconia and Aluminous in it. It costs somewhere in the range of 4,000-8,000 INR for one tooth.
- All Metal Caps/Crowns – This variety of crowns uses a metal alloy base and may use gold alloy, chromium, or nickel in it. It costs about 1,500-3,000 INR for one crown.
- Metal-Ceramic Caps/Crowns – This is a hybrid variety in which porcelain is combined with a metal base. Two essential features of this variant are its strength and natural appearance. Teeth capping costs around 2,500-5,000 INR per tooth for this variety.
Teeth capping costs are not very high. Since teeth caps or crowns act as a restorative agent helping cover and rehabilitate the teeth, the cost is justified.
How does dental caps cost vary?
The dental caps cost is not restricted to one price quote. Rather it varies on multiple bases. Let us try to distinguish the dental caps cost:
Based on region
Based on region, dental caps cost varies significantly. For some cities like Ahmedabad, Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur and Kolkata, the starting price falls in the range of 1000-1200 INR. Whereas for places like Guntur, Bangalore and Hyderabad, the starting range is 2,500-5000 INR.
Based on the severity of tooth damage
Dental caps cost vary based on the damage to your tooth. Needless to say, if the damage is highly severe the cost will be greater since more care is needed yet if the damage is minimal, the amount will be lesser.
Skills of your dental surgeon
The more skilled your surgeon is, the higher he will charge. Yet the services offered by a better-skilled surgeon will be better.
- The number of crowns needed
The price quote for crowns and caps are for a single tooth generally. The cost for one will be multiplied by the number of caps that you need.
The teeth capped price: Is the price justified?
Teeth capping or crowning is not the only restorative and cosmetic method to cover the damaged tooth. There are many other similar methods out there. The question here arises, is the teeth capped price justified? Let us try to understand that:
- There are close alternatives to teeth capping but not absolute ones. Tooth inlays, onlays, and veneers.
- Tooth inlays are restorative substitutes for dental caps that cover only the top of the tooth.
- Tooth Onlays are another close substitute to dental caps that covers the affected biting area of the tooth.
- Dental veneers serve a cosmetic purpose by covering the front of the tooth.
All of these alternative costs are lesser as compared to caps but they also offer only a part of the benefits that caps/crowns offer. With that as the highlight, the teeth capped price seems justifiable.
- Another way of understanding the sufficiency of teeth capping is by looking at the advantages:
- They recover the teeth from complete decay and damage.
- They protect the tooth.
- They help cover dental implants.
- They make your teeth look good.
Based on all these benefits, it is correct to say that teeth capped price is justified.