Causes and Cure of Bleeding Gums: Bleeding Gums Treatment Delhi
What are Bleeding gums: Bleeding Gums Treatment Delhi
Bleeding gums are the most common feature of a dental condition called gingivitis. Gingivitis is the inflammation of the soft supporting tissues of the teeth known as gingiva or gums. Gingivitis is a painful condition mainly affecting adults and can progress into a severe condition affecting the bones supporting the teeth if not treated promptly.
Occasional bleeding from the gums is not a significant concern and can be due to vigorous brushing. Frequent gums bleeding indicates an underlying problem that needs attention and action. Gingivitis is an early stage of gum disease and produces mild symptoms.
There are various causes of bleeding gums, and the information provided below will cover the causes, symptoms, and bleeding gums treatment Delhi- brought to you by Advanced Dental Clinic.
Causes of Bleeding gums: Bleeding Gums Treatment Delhi
- Dental conditions that cause bleeding gums is mainly plaque-induced gingivitis. When the disease is limited to the gums, it is known as gingivitis, and when it spreads to the other supporting tissues like the fibers supporting the teeth and bone, it is called periodontitis.
- The accumulation of plaque on the teeth near the gum line is the leading cause of gingivitis. This plaque accumulates under the gum line if there is irregular brushing and flossing. The plaque deposited over a long period starts to harden and form calculus which is challenging to remove with just brushing.
- Another major cause of bleeding gums is the deficiency of vitamin K and C. Vitamin C is an essential vitamin that is essential for the gum’s health. A lack of these vitamins makes the gums puffy and more prone to bleeding.
Risk factors: Bleeding Gums Treatment East Delhi
- Hormonal changes during puberty or pregnancy are also a leading cause of bleeding gums.
- Bleeding disorders like leukemia and hemophilia increase the risk of bleeding gums.
- Certain drugs like aspirin, warfarin, and heparin increase the risk of bleeding, including gums. Therefore, it is essential to be gentle with brushing when you are put on these drugs.
- Diseases like HIV, diabetes, and cancer make the gums more prone to bleeding.
- People who smoke regularly are at high risk than nonsmokers.
- With age, the tendency to have gingivitis is more than in children.
Signs and symptoms of Gingivitis: Bleeding Gums Treatment East Delhi
The signs and symptoms of gingivitis may vary from person to person and also depend on the gum disease’s severity. However, the common symptoms include:
- Bleeding from the gums
- Change in the color of the gums
- Soft, swollen, and soggy gums
- Gums become painful to touch
- Receding gum line
Bleeding Gums Treatment Delhi
The most effective way to treat gingivitis is by removing irritating factors like plaque and calculus near the gums. This can be effectively achieved by professional dental cleaning done by a dentist. Visiting your dentist at least twice a year is recommended for effective plaque control.
At home, specific changes like using a soft bristles toothbrush and learning the correct technique are crucial to managing bleeding gums. At Advanced Dental Clinic, our doctors focus on educating the right way along with providing the best treatment for bleeding gums